Sunday, September 2, 2012

What Is The Slenderman?

The Slenderman is usually identified as a tall, thin, pale man. He is often depicted wearing a suit, has no facial features, is extremely tall (His exact height may vary from person to person [Read on for clarification]) and tends to have multiple tentacles. He is known to stalk people from a distance, causing extreme paranoia and sickness with his presence, until his victims eventually disappear. Little is known of what he does to them, but many have theorized. His presence is usually announced by electric artifacts (Usually cameras or televisions) malfunctioning.

Although this is the general consensus of what Slenderman is and does, many have varied the character in several ways. These variations include (But aren't necessarily): Arms instead of tentacles, teleportation powers, time-control powers, having a face or face-like features, the ability to take on the form of other people or beings, intelligence level, behavior, height, etc.

He has also been known to hypnotize or convince humans so they will serve under his command. These people are known as "proxies", and they usually sabotage the Slenderman's victims and kill the people that get in his way. As mentioned before, while most people are "hypnotized" (With their memories being erased after the act, so they won't remember anything), some of them serve willingly. These are known as "agents".

There Ava, I used "Formal Language". Happy now?

Alright. Anything I should add?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not completely sure if this is correct or not, but...Not all of his victims disappear. I don't think MLAnderson did, and I am fairly certain that other protagonists didn't disappear, either.

    I'm a bit of a stickler on grammar, so don't be offended when I correct you: In the last sentence of the first paragraph, it should be "electronic." Just correcting you in case you are planning on copy-pasting this.

    Also, some humans worship the Slender Man, such as in DarkHarvest (another series I need to watch). They neither work with him nor are stalked by him. In addition, not all proxies have their memories erased.

    Well, that's all I can think about...But it's a great summary/description/thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I won't be changing the post, but I'll add this new info to the written project.

      Also, I tried and failed to get through TTM. The saga just has too many damn blogs and we have too little time to get through them all. But thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am happy now. I will get my next section done soon. Should I post it immediately or wait?

    ReplyDelete