Monday, August 20, 2012

Step One: The Project and Introductions.

Look at me. All organized and stuff.

Well, hello blogger. You must be wondering why I've gathered you here. I would like to introduce myself: My name is Tom Charter. I am a senior high-school student, and me and my friends will be using this blog for my English class project.

The task was very straight forward: An analysis on a series of books of stories we liked and their author. We were to join in teams of four and bring in a report by the end of the month.

Still, after a bit of arguing with our professor, I convinced him to let us make our report on something a bit more interesting: The series of blogs and vlogs commonly known as "The Slenderman Mythos". Why, you ask? Well, because ever since the Marble Hornets series first aired, it's become one of the biggest phenomenons on the internet. There are thousands of blogs, vlogs and even videogames dedicated to the story. It has spawned conventions, parodies and even several forum websites dedicated only to discuss theories on the mysterious being known as "The Slenderman" (Which we will talk plenty about on the future).

We decided to create this blog in order to get in touch with other bloggers, who might help us understand the stories a bit better (If they can get out of character for long enough not to threaten our lives) and correct us if we make any mistakes.

Thank you for reading, and we hope you enjoy the ride as much as we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment